Monday, December 30, 2013

Travel Books Part 1


I like Rick Steves - his TV program, Rick Steves' Europe, his radio/podcast show, Travel with Rick Steves and his travel books.

I've read, and passed on to family, Europe Through the Back Door, and others.

This is the first time I, personally, am going to use some of his books to help me do some of the planning for my trip. Why so many "some"s in that last sentence? Don't you think there is more than enough information in his books for you?

Well, his books don't cover everywhere I want to go. He is selective in what he includes in his books. Being a travel guide and operating a travel company for so many years, he really wants people to see the very best of where they are visiting.

Yes, I want to see the best, but not to the exclusion of the quirky, the interesting, and sometimes, a little bit of the mundane.

So, I will scour some other travel books and write some reviews of all the travel books I read. Honestly, I've just dipped my toe into the books you see above, so I'm not ready yet to give you a fair opinion of them.

Call this a teaser. Or call it an invitation to you, kind visitor, to tell me which travel books you recommend. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment